We will continue to receive applications until Monday, June 14, 2021.
Office Manager and/or media outreach
Full time or Part time (subject to discussion), 12-month position
Salary: $24,000 (Full time) or $12 an hour (Part time)
How to Apply
Send your resume and the contact information for two professional references with a cover letter to email@example.com. Please indicate in your whether you prefer a full- or part-time position. If you prefer part-time, please specify any sorts of duties you would prefer working on (see below for the full list).
Fast-growing creationist ministry seeks outgoing, self-motivated, well-organized Office Manager to supervise our operations and ministry outreach. Primary duty includes the exercise of discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance. In other words, the Office Manager will be responsible for running not only the office but also major aspects of the ministry itself. Specifically, the Office Manager will maintain our offices, our library and archives, and our laboratory, manage schedules and outreach, and maintain basic financial records. Our Office Manager will also work with our ministry team to produce our special events, including our retreats and annual banquet. These duties could be divided between two part-time positions.
What is Core Academy of Science?
We are an exciting and growing ministry to Christian students pursuing science or other studies related to origins and the creation/evolution debate. Our mission is to nurture the next generation of faithful, Christ-like creation researchers to explore the hardest problems in creation. Our ministry activities include:
- Regular retreats that provide fellowship and mentoring to students.
- The Sanders Scholarship Fund, which provides financial support to students and faculty working on research mentoring.
- Producing resources and lectures to promote creation research.
- Preserving the history of creation research in our library and archives.
Job Responsibilities Could Include:
- Manage the office
- Develop a work schedule for the ministry and the president
- Oversee the library and archives
- Manage the logistics of the Sanders Scholarship Program
- Keep regular office hours
- Keep the office stocked and equipped
- Keep the office neat and clean
- Manage outreach
- Maintain regular donor contact
- Oversee the email and paper newsletters
- Manage the website and social media
- Coordinate special projects for the ministry, such as retreats, outreach events, and the annual banquet
- Manage the finances
- Keep the regular financial records (enter income and expenditures into QuickBooks)
- Work with our accountant to prepare monthly budget reports for the president and the board
- Assist in preparing our 990 IRS report
The successful candidate must know how to type and be familiar with basic office software and social media. We are especially looking for a person with a friendly, outgoing attitude and excellent written and oral communication skills. The Office Manager must affirm Core Academy’s doctrinal statement (coresci.org/faith) and maintain a good Christian testimony as a member of an evangelical church. A full-time Office Manager must also be capable of working on site at our office in Dayton, TN during regular business hours (8AM-5PM). Bonus skills include computer programming or administration, business courses or experience (especially marketing), 501(c)3 administration experience, or QuickBooks experience.